Successful people know the secret
The majority of people I have met who have excelled in their career all share one thing -they all understand themselves and have strategies in place to maintain positive mental health.
Positive thinking stimulates your brain to make sure it is functioning at its best. It also increases your energy levels, making you more alert and better equipped to perform your duties. As it reduces your stress, positive thinking will also help you think more clearly to improve your focus.
Research has shown us when we are in a positive frame of mind, our brain is around 31% more productive than when it is in a negative, neutral or stressed state “Shawn Achor”
It is easier to slip into negative thinking than building and maintaining a positive outlook. It takes work to understand yourself and how you deal with knock backs to get up and move on quickly.
Before you focus on developing your career and knowledge, I think it is essential to work on yourself, build routines and coping strategies in life that will mean you can deal with challenges head on.
These are 9 ways that can help keep a positive attitude at work:
- Seek out and surround yourself with positive people
- Fill your mind with positivity
- Establish high points in your day, week, and month – understand your peaks and troughs
- Set and complete your goals and remember to celebrate them
- Create a plan for your day, week, month and make it flexible so you can deal with the unexpected
- Present yourself to others how you want to be seen and treated
- Treat everyone with respect
- Self-monitor your ability to complain and nip it in the bud
- Be curious and look to learn
If you are in situation where you are ready to take the next jump in your career feel free to contact the recruitment brand that can help you